Educational Partnerships: Community Colleges
APUS is proud to work within our students’ communities and provide the opportunity for community college graduates to seamlessly continue their post-secondary educational pursuits by enrolling in one of our bachelor’s degree programs. As part of this effort, APUS has established partnerships in education for transfer credit with many community colleges, whereby graduates from our partner institutions possessing an associate degree may transfer in credits earned while achieving their associate degree.
Our featured schools offer course crosswalks that align earned associate degrees with specific bachelor’s programs here at APUS. These plans show course for course how students can maximize transfer credits and get started with up to 69 guaranteed transferrable credits. Select a community college for more information:
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Blue Ridge Community and Technical College
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Cecil College
- Central Texas College
- Chesapeake College
- College of Southern Maryland
- Community College of Baltimore County
- Frederick Community College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Laramie County Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Northern Virginia Community College
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College
- Tarrant County College
Block Transfer Schools
Similar to our schools with course crosswalks, block transfer agreements help you to seamlessly continue your post-secondary educational pursuits by transferring in as a block all the credit earned in achieving your associate degree. Through the block transfer method, you will not go through a course-by-course evaluation of your course credits, as all of your conferred associate degree credits may transfer as a group.
Students participating in a block transfer agreement:
- Have their conferred degree applied as a block toward their APUS bachelor's degree, and will receive the same number of transfer credits as were required for their conferred degree.
- Are eligible based on their conferred degree from our partner institution, regardless of where they completed all of their previous coursework to earn the degree.
- Do not go through a traditional course-by-course evaluation of their credits, as all of their credits from their conferred degree are transferred together.
- Are not eligible for additional transfer credits beyond the block transfer, therefore, transfer credit from other sources will not be considered.
- Have all of the general education requirements of their APUS bachelor's degree program fulfilled.
- Will instantly attain junior status with APUS.
Please click on the school name to see the details of the corresponding block transfer agreement. The lists and charts below are subject to change at any point based upon the degree requirements of the corresponding APUS bachelor’s degree.
Austin Community College
|Our Bachelor's Degree||Eligible ACC Degree||Credits Awarded*|
|General Studies||Any A.A. or A.S. Degree||60|
|Intelligence Studies||Any A.A. or A.S. Degree||60|
|Management||Any A.A. or A.S. Degree||60|
|Security Management||Any A.A. or A.S. Degree||60|
|Information Systems Security||Any A.S. Degree||60|
|Sports and Health Sciences||Any A.S. Degree||60|
|Philosophy||A.A. in Philosophy||64|
|Transportation and Logistics Management||A.A. in Economics|
A.S. in Business Administration
* Students must select remaining courses at the upper level (300-499)
If you are not eligible to take advantage of the block transfer because you did not complete one of the degrees listed above, you may still be eligible to receive credit for other coursework completed.