(from IFSAC or ProBoard accredited agencies)
The maximum transfer credit award possible from this specific internal recommendation varies based on the course(s) completed; individual transfer credit award will vary based on the requirements of a student's selected degree program, any additional documents submitted for transfer credit evaluation (TCE), and the University's TCE policies.
Any credit awarded from this internal recommendation is considered nontraditional transfer credit.
Undergraduate students must be pursuing one of the following programs at the University:
- Any undergraduate level degree program
Students are most likely to maximize their transfer credit award if they are pursuing one of the following programs:
- Associate of Science in Fire Science
- Bachelor of Science in Fire Science Management
- A student has met the terms of the agreement and is eligible for possible TCE review if they have earned firefighter certification(s) from an IFSAC or ProBoard accredited agency and they have not yet had an Initial TCE completed.
- If an Initial TCE has already been prepared and the student earned firefighter certification(s) from an IFSAC or ProBoard accredited agency after the official evaluation was completed, they can send in the updated paperwork. A TCE Update Request Form must also be submitted to initiate the review process.
- If a student changes their degree program, they are eligible for a review of their firefighter certificate(s) for possible transfer credit.
- If a student has already had an initial TCE completed, their documentation has already been reviewed, and no additional paperwork is to be submitted, they are NOT eligible for this internal policy.
Students must send in a copy of their firefighter certificate(s) with an IFSAC or ProBoard seal along with a TCE Application. Documentation of successful completion may make a student eligible for the following transfer credit recommendations depending on their specific undergraduate degree program requirements:
|DoD Certificate or|
|APUS Transfer Credit|
|Fire Fighter I||1001||FSMT102 - Fire Behavior and Combustion||3 SH|
|Fire Fighter II||1001||FSMT210 - Fundamentals of Fire Protection||3 SH|
|Driver/Operator Pumper||1002||FSMT289 - Fire Protection Hydraulics and|
|Driver/Operator Aerial||1002||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Driver/Operator Tiller||1002||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Driver/Operator ARFF||1002||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Driver/Operator Mobile Water|
|1002||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Airport Fire Fighter||1003||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Rope (2008 - Present)*||1006||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Confined Space||1006||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Trench (2008 - Present)*||1006||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Structural Collapse||1006||Elective Credit||3 SH|
|Vehicle Machinery||1006||Elective Credit||3 SH|
|Rescue Technician (Ch 3,4,6,7)||1006||Elective Credit same as Rope+Confined|
Space+Vehicle Machinery or Rescue
|Rescue Technician (Ch 8, 9)||1006||Elective Credit same as Trench+Structural|
Collapse or Rescue Technician II
|Rescue Technician I||1006||Elective Credit same as Rope+Confined|
Space+Vehicle Machinery or Rescue
Technician (Ch 3,4,6,7)
|Rescue Technician II||1006||Elective Credit same as Trench+Structural|
Collapse or Rescue Technician (Ch 8, 9)
|Fire Officer I||1021||EDMG230 - Emergency and Disaster Incident|
|Fire Officer II||1021||OMNIXXX - omnibus transfer credit toward BS|
Fire Science Management MAJOR
|Fire Officer III||1021||FSMT362 - Fire Administration and Finance||3 SH|
|Fire Officer IV||1021||FSMT321 - Community Fire Mitigation and|
|Fire Inspector I||1031||FSMT188 - Fire Prevention||3 SH|
|Fire Inspector II||1031||FSMT201 - Fire Protection Systems||3 SH|
|Fire Inspector III||1031||FSMT287 - Fire Protection in Building|
|Fire Instructor I||1041||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Fire Instructor II||1041||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|Fire Instructor III||1041||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Wildland Fire Fighter I||1051||No Transfer Credit Awarded||0 SH|
|Wildland Fire Fighter II||1051||No Transfer Credit Awarded||0 SH|
|Public Telecommunicator I||1061||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|Public Telecommunicator II||1061||Elective Credit||1 SH|
|HazMat Awareness||472||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|HazMat Operations||472||Elective Credit||2 SH|
|HazMat Technician||472||EDMG240 - Chemistry of Hazardous Materials||3 SH|
|HazMat Incident Commander||472||EDMG330 - Managerial Issues in Hazardous|
|HazMat Branch Officer||472||Elective Credit||1 SH|
* Certifications for this course must have been completed January 1, 2008 or later to be eligible for transfer credit. If this certification was completed prior to that date, transfer credit will not be awarded.
This internal recommendation policy is valid for the programs listed which may be reviewed each catalog year and credit recommendations may change if the programs or internal recommendation policies are altered and/or re-evaluated.