Partnerships, Affiliations, and Agreements
As an institution, APUS embraces and supports lifelong learning for its students, staff, and faculty. It is our belief that memberships and affiliations with organizations in our community help to ensure that:
- Our curriculum is relevant and current
- We maximize the use of new technologies
- Our students, faculty, and staff are given the opportunity to learn about and apply the latest developments in their fields
- Faculty, staff, and students are afforded networking opportunities within their field
In addition to professional partnerships, institutions of higher education often enter into agreements with other colleges and universities or organizations in order to facilitate ease of transfer of credit and academic planning. These agreements can be designed several different ways. A cooperative agreement—this might also be called an Articulation Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)—indicates some level of partnership between the organizations and details the obligations and responsibilities of each party. An articulation agreement specifies exactly how transfer credit will be accepted from one institution to another, and how it will be applied to a degree program. These agreements may be written in terms of specific courses or entire programs. Agreements such as these not only ease transfer between two schools; they also offer the student an opportunity to more effectively plan their academic career and minimize a loss of credit. Additional details regarding academic partnerships can be found at the transfer credit evaluation center.
APUS will accept transfer credit for non-traditional learning as recommended by the American Council on Education or as validated by CLEP or DANTES exams. In order to fully recognize training that may be applicable to an academic degree, APUS has evaluated several military education programs in several areas and agreed to award academic credit above and beyond that which is recommended by the American Council on Education.
APUS has developed partnerships, affiliations, or agreements with the following institutions or organizations. When noted the relationship is specific to AMU or APU, otherwise it applies to the entire university system.
- A-T Solutions, Inc. (Anti-Terrorism Training & Consulting Solutions, Inc.)
- Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Boot Camp (ABC)
- Advisory Councils on Military Education (ACME)
More about ACME ...
AMU is an active member of several major state ACME’s. These councils focus on evaluating and restructuring policies related to acceptance and transfer of credit for veterans, military students and their adult family members; enhancing the educational aspirations of the military populations in the state, and making educational programs accessible in cost, location, and scheduling.
More about AeX...
AMU is a participating institution in Academic Explorer (AeX,), a web based tool for assisting students with exploring and identifying their post-secondary education options in an unbiased, standardized, and comprehensive manner, anytime, anywhere. A one-stop shop, AeX contains information on programs ranging from certificate to bachelor’s and beyond. Search by degree type, location, institution, and more. Don't delay! The program that best suits your needs is a click away.
- Aims Community College
- Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT)
- Air University Associates to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU ABC)
- Allen County Community College
- Amarillo College
- American Sport Education Program (ASEP)
- American Trucking Association (ATA)
More about ATA...
ATA members diligently train drivers to insure compliance with safety regulations and educate owner-operators to efficiently manage their single truck or multi-truck fleets to their benefit, their employees and their customers. American Public University is an affiliate member of ATA and active member of ATA’s Information Technology and Logistics Council which seeks to improve truckers’ productivity through technology.
- Anne Arundel Community College (AACC)
- Arapahoe Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Army Management Staff College - Basic Course
- Army Management Staff College - Intermediate Course
- Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO)
More about AFIO...
The AFIO is a non-political educational association for current and former intelligence professionals and supports of the U.S. intelligence community. American Military University is a “Gold” level corporate member and sponsor.
- Association of the U.S. Army (AUSA)
More about AUSA...
AUSA is a private, non-profit educational organization that supports America's Army - Active, National Guard, Reserve, Civilians, Retirees and family members. AUSA provides numerous professional development opportunities at a variety of events both local and national. AUSA represents every American Soldier by being the voice for all components of America's Army; fostering public support of the Army's role in national security and providing professional education and information programs.
- Austin Community College District
- Barton County Community College
- Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)
- Bay Mills Community College
- Blue Ridge Community & Technical College
- Brookhaven: Dallas County Community College District
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Military Post Blast Investigative Techniques
- Butler Community College
- Cedar Valley: Dallas County Community College District
- Central College: Houston Community College District
- Clarendon College
- Cloud County Community College
- Coast Guard Investigative Service (CGIS) Training Academy
- Coastline Community College
- Coffeyville Community College
- Colby Community College
- Coleman College for Health Sciences: Houston Community College District
- College of the Siskiyous
- Collin College
- Colorado Community College System
- Arapahoe Community College
- Colorado Northwest Community College
- Community College of Aurora
- Community College of Denver
- Front Range Community College
- Lamar Community College
- Morgan Community College
- Northeastern Junior College
- Otero Junior College
- Pueblo Community College
- Pueblo Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Trinidad State Junior College
- Colorado Northwestern Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Community College of Aurora: Colorado Community College System
- Community College of Baltimore County, The
- Community College of Denver: Colorado Community College System
- Copper Mountain College
- Corning Community College
- Council of Colleges and Military Educators (CCME)
More about CCME...
CCME, a not-for-profit organization, was founded 36 years ago to promote, encourage, and deliver quality education to service members and their families in all branches of the armed services. CCME membership is composed of military educators, civilian educators, post secondary educational institutions, and suppliers of quality education products and services. CCME's mission is to promote and provide educational programs and services and to facilitate communication between the membership and the DoD educational support.
- Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School
- CRA, Inc. - USMC Antiterrorism Officer Level II
- Crowder College
- Cuyamaca College
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
- Dallas Community College District
- Cedar Valley
- El Centro
- Mountain View
- North Lake
- Danville Community College
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU)
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
More about DANTES...
AMU is affiliated with DANTES, an organization which provides high-quality, valuable educational opportunities to service members and their families, as well as DoD personnel. DANTES also helps military personnel achieve their professional and personal education goals, provides consolidated management of programs to prevent duplication of efforts among the Services and supports DoD’s recruitment, retention and transition efforts.
- Defense Threat Reduction University
- Department of Homeland Security
- Doctrine Networked Education & Training (DOCNET) - Joint Doctrine Courses
- Dodge City Community College
- East Los Angeles College LASD Detective College
- Eastfield: Dallas County Community College District
- El Centro: Dallas County Community College District
- FBI/InfraGard National Member Alliance
- FBI National Academy Associates (FBINAA)
- FBI National Academy Associates Youth Leadership Program
- FBI University Education Program
- Feather River Community College
- Firefighter Certifications
- Fort Huachuca Military Intelligence School (MIS)
- Fort Peck Community College
- Fort Scott Community College
- Fraternal Order of Police University
- Front Range Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Fullerton College
- Garden City Community College
More about GoArmyEd...
AMU is a participating school in Go Army Ed, an online portal that gives Army students a one-stop gateway to educational support and services, helps alleviate some of these concerns for soldiers pursuing their degrees. Through the program, students can receive information about how much tuition assistance (TA) they're entitled to, register for courses, check their grades and communicate with their colleges and universities.
- Goodfellow Air Force Base
- Great Bay Community College
- Grossmont College
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Highland Community College
- Houston Community College District
- Central College
- Coleman College for Health Sciences
- Northeast College
- Northwest College
- Southeast College
- Southwest College
- Human Resource Certification Institute
- HUMINT Training - Joint Center of Excellence (HT-JCOE)
- Hutchinson Community College and Area Vocational School
- Independence Community College
- Institute for Supply Management - Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
- Inter-American Defense College
- International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety
- International Association For Intelligence Education (IAFIE)
More about IAFIE...
IAFIE is a professional organization consisting of representatives from various intelligence disciplines and academia with the goal to serve as the association for advancing research, knowledge, and professional development in intelligence education. AMU is an institutional member of IAFIE.
- International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM)
More about IAEM...
IAEM is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to promoting the goals of saving lives and protecting property during emergencies and disasters. APUS is an affiliate member of IAEM.
- Kanawha Valley Community and Technical College
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
- Labette Community College
- Lamar Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Lockheed Martin Center for Security Analysis
- Lone Star College System
- Los Angeles Police Department University (LAPDU)
More about LAPDU...
AMU boasts a formal Memorandum of Agreement with the LAPD as a preferred academic institution. The university and its academic leadership program are comprised of only 5 universities, including AMU. The Web page explaining the program is available only through the LAPD intranet.
- Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department University
More about LA Sheriff’s Department University...
AMU is one of approximately 20 educational partners endorsed by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. LA Sheriff’s has more than 1,500 of their personnel presently enrolled in these programs and in excess of 1,000 of their personnel have earned a bachelor's or master's through their LASD University program. Go to www.lasd.org and then click on to LASD University in the left column.
- Loss Prevention Foundation
- Lord Fairfax Community College
- Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies - Pacific Maritime Institute (MITAGS-PMI) Workboat Mate Program
- Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS)
- Merritt College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mid-Plains Community College
- MiraCosta College
- Monroe Community College
- Morgan Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Mountain View: Dallas County Community College District
- National Association of Institutions for Military Education Services (NAIMES)
More about NAIMES...
NAIMES is a consortium of colleges and universities committed to promoting high quality, pedagogically sound educational opportunities for the military community. NAIMES accomplishes these goals through advocacy for the military student, partnership with the military education community and promoting "best practices" for conducting military education programs.
- National Connections Academy
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
More about NCSS...
Through their partnership, the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) and American Public University have established a graduate-level history course specifically designed for the professional membership of NCSS. The course, HIST-681: Teaching New American History, prepares teachers to offer a professional development workshop based on the principles of Powerful and Authentic Social Studies (PASS), a program developed by the NCSS.
- National Defense Transportation Association (NDTA)
More about NDTA
NDTA is a non-political, non-profit educational association of government, military, and industry professionals dedicated to fostering a strong and efficient global transportation and distribution system in support of national security. NDTA promotes exchange on current matters of transportation, travel, distribution, logistics and security, allowing for knowledge sharing in a non-partisan, fair, and objective environment. AMU is a Sustaining Member.
- National High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas Assistance Centers
- National Military Intelligence Association (NMIA)
More about NMIA...
NMIA is the nation’s sole joint military intelligence professional association and is focused on the professional development of military intelligence practitioners. AMU is a long-standing corporate member and supporter.
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (NRFSP) Food Safety Manager Certification
- Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) Training Academy
- Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP)
More about NCPDLP...
The goal of the Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP) Schools is to support both the Sailor's mobile lifestyle and educational goals with rating relevant degree programs. As a member of NCPDLP, AMU offers rating relevant degrees via distance learning to Sailors everywhere. We provide associates and bachelors degree programs relevant to each rating, and make maximum use of military professional training and experience to fulfill degree requirements.
- Neosho County Community College
- Norco College
- North Arkansas College
- Northcentral University (NCU)
More about NCU
Doctoral scholarship available through education alliance with NCU
Through an education alliance between APUS and Northcentral University (NCU), APUS students and alumni may pursue a doctoral degree from NCU, a regionally accredited online university. The alliance enables our students and alumni to:
- Save time and money by transferring up to nine (9) doctoral credits towards a doctoral degree in the fields of education or business.
- Receive a 10% scholarship to apply towards tuition for doctoral programs at NCU.
- Receive 1:1 personalized feedback and supports from NCU’s 100% doctoral faculty.
- North Lake: Dallas County Community College District
- Northeast College: Houston Community College District
- Northeastern Junior College: Colorado Community College System
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy - In Service Training Courses
- Northwest Arkansas Community College
- Northwest College: Houston Community College District
- Palomar College
- Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- Peace Operations Training Institute (POTI) - previously known as UNITAR-POCI
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Pratt Community College
- Pueblo Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Raritan Valley Community College
- Red Rocks Community College: Colorado Community College System
- Redlands Community College
- Richland: Dallas County Community College District
- Riverside City College
- Saddleback College
- Sault College
- Sergeants Major Academy
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
More about SOC...
AMU is a member of the SOC Consortium which consists of approximately 1,800 appropriately accredited colleges and universities providing associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees for service members and their adult dependent family members. SOC member schools are military-friendly institutions with flexible policies that allow mobile servicemembers and their families to complete degrees rather than just accumulate course credit.
- ServSafe® - Food Protection Manager Certification
- Seward County Community College
- Snow College
- Solano Community College
- Southeast College: Houston Community College District
- Southern Police Institute
More about Southern Police Institute...
AMU has joined the University of Louisville as one of only two schools to have evaluated the Southern Police Institute Administrative Officers Courses for potential college credit at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Southwest College: Houston Community College District
- The Fast Track - Sergeant Exam Preparation Course
- The Logistics Institute
- The Peace Operations Training Institute
- Thomas Nelson Community College
- Trinidad State Junior College: Colorado Community College System
- Truckee Meadows Community College
- U.S. Air Force CCAF Health Apprentice Course
- U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology
- U.S. Air Force, 17th Training Group, Goodfellow Air Force Base graduate
- U.S. Air Force, 17th Training Group, Goodfellow Air Force Base undergraduate
- U.S. Coast Guard Maritime Law Enforcement Academy
- U.S. Department of State Seabee Fundamentals Course
- U.S. Department of State Security Technical Specialist (STS) Fundamentals Course
- U.S. Marine Corps - Corporals Noncommissioned Officers Program (L9K)
- U.S. Marine Corps Civilian Police Agency Training Academies
More about USMCCLE...
AMU has established a continuing partnership with the USMCCLE and has conducted a comprehensive evaluation of their academy training curriculum for awarding of credit toward numerous AMU undergraduate degree programs.
- US Marine Corps Chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF)
- USMC Chemical Biological Incident Response Force (CBIRF)
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association (WCPA)
More about WCPA...
The Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association (WCPA) is a progressive organization with more than 500 members. AMU has partnered with them on several events within Wisconsin and appears on the WCPA Web site as a partner in their education and training programs.