Our mission is to develop life-long partnerships with our alumni by offering programs and services that build community, enhance professional and educational advancement, and promote collaboration among our community members. Alumni are our greatest ambassadors and an integral part of our progress and success. Our specialized and diverse alumni body makes our University unique, unlike any other in the United States or throughout the world. You'll find information here that highlights some of the key benefits and services that we offer alumni to enable them to stay connected to students, fellow alumni, and faculty.
Core Benefits and Services
- Online Social and Professional Networking: As part of the AMU and APU Alumni Facebook group, our alumni can find useful information on core benefits and services in addition to connecting with fellow alumni. Further networking is available through the APUS Alumni Lounge and our Global Mentor Network program, encouraging alumni to mentor and/or be mentored by peers in their professional field.
- Career Services: Provides access to valuable career information, advice, and guidance to achieve life goals and promoting the importance of career planning at every stage of a person’s life. Primary resources include resume reviews by one of our accomplished team members, access to our FOCUS-2 personal career assessment tool, a growing database of employers and employment opportunities, and unlimited access to our Vault Career Center.
- Alumni Awards Program: The Alumni Award program represents four different awards recognizing exceptional graduates and alumni members. Each award focuses on a different type of achievement.
- Alumni Advisory Board: Our alumni are an integral part of our community and, as community members, we want them to stay actively engaged and involved with the University. To increase our alumni involvement, the Alumni Advisory Board has been created.
- Alumni Gear and Accessories: Alumni can choose from AMU and APU alumni gear, class rings, and diploma framing options.
- Lifetime Online Library Access: To promote life-long learning, we give alumni continuous access to the online library, housing millions of publications, scholarly journals, and databases such as Ebsco, Proquest, LexisNexis, and other resources.