American Public University System (APUS) welcomes employers interested in recruiting from our talented body of students and alumni. The Employer Relations team of The Office of Career Services establishes relationships with employers who are seeking to fill internships and job opportunities. Employers who take advantage of our resources and services have the opportunity to reach more than 120,000 talented candidates with many years of experience in their varied fields.
The Employer Relations team offers recruitment services which include job postings, resume books, direct outreach emails, and virtual information sessions at no cost to employers or recruiters. Employers are also invited to participate in Virtual Career Fairs that attract thousands of students and alumni who are actively seeking employment opportunities and internship experience throughout the year. As an online university, we have candidates residing in all 50 states and more than 100 countries -- wherever the Internet goes!
Why Hire from APUS?
Experience and education: Our students are non-traditional; they are mature, active, working adults who bring experience and education to the table.
Rigorous programs: Our students and alumni are well-educated by leaders who have practiced in their fields.
Committed students are well-developed alumni: Earning a degree from AMU or APU is no small feat! Most of our students work full- or part-time while maintaining and balancing family life and other activities. This effort requires priority- and time-management skills, as well as tenacity!
If you’d like some hard facts to back this up, check out some fast facts about APUS.
Verify a Candidate's Enrollment
We partner with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment verification data to such agencies as prospective employers, credit approval agencies, educational institutions, and other third party requests. These third parties should visit the National Student Clearinghouse website for directions to access enrollment and degree data for American Public University System.
The APUS Job Board and Resume Database
APUS has partnered with the NACElink Network to support our student and alumni job seekers. This is the world's largest network of college and university career centers and has over five million participating employer members.
Employers who register to join our job board, CareerLink, are able to post unlimited job and internship opportunities at no cost. Our students are encouraged to have their resumes on file within the system, therefore giving employers access to thousands of resumes. Invitations to special events are also sent to registered employers.
Advertising Employment Opportunities to Students and Alumni
Targeted Emails: We will send direct emails on your behalf to student and alumni users within our job board, as well as to the entire APUS student and alumni community.
Social Media: We announce and promote new job postings and new employers on several social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and the university's virtual community, The Quad.
Personal Connections: Our team works closely together to ensure that students are aware of job opportunities in their field of study.
Virtual Career Fairs (VCF)
Virtual Career Fairs are an opportunity to meet, greet, and evaluate AMU and APU candidates from the comfort of your office! No fees. No travel.
Recruit Top Talent at our In-Person Career Fair
Let us help expand your candidate pool with our well-educated, experienced, and hard-working student and alumni community! Employers are invited to join us at Career Day 2014 on Friday, May 9 from 10:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Hilton Arlington. This in-person career fair will provide your recruiters the opportunity to meet with our students and alumni face-to-face to discuss various prospects available within your organizations. Recruiters will have the chance to view participants’ resumes online and screen potential applicants before and after the event.
- This event is offered at no cost and features complimentary parking for registered employers.
- Before and after the event, recruiters can view participants' resumes online and screen potential applicants.
- Space will be provided for on-the-spot interviews.
- Your logo will be featured on our virtual banner advertisement.
- Participating in career events will allow you to reach candidates locally and nationally.
- Employer Check-in and Set Up: 10:30 a.m.
- Complimentary Lunch (with registration): 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Candidates Enter Career Fair: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Networking Event: 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Register through your CareerLink account before May 6 to participate! If you need assistance posting available jobs in the system, please review our guide. For further information on this event and other services our office can provide, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-652-2795.
- Hilton Arlington: Driving Directions – 950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, Virginia, 22203. Hotel garage is free for company recruiters.
- Ballston Common Mall: Driving Directions – 4238 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, Virginia 22203. Walk through covered walkway to Hilton from Ballston Common Mall’s Level 2. Mall garage is approximately $8.00 for up to 8 hours.
- Metro: Take the Orange Line to the Ballston-MU stop. At the top of the escalator walk straight into the Ballston Metro Center complex (20 feet). The hotel lobby is on the left. Interactive Metro Map
Thank you for your interest in involvement with Career Day 2014. We look forward to seeing you in May!
- General Information: email email@example.com or call 703-652-2795
- Jacquelyn Brookins: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 571-358-3133
- Eileen Shackleford: email email@example.com or call 571-358-3167
Please note: If your phone line blocks outgoing Caller ID, please use the general information line.