Employer Relations at APUS
American Public University System (APUS) welcomes employers interested in recruiting from our talented body of students and alumni. The Employer Relations team at APUS establishes relationships with employers who are seeking to fill internship and job opportunities. Employers who take advantage of our resources and services have the opportunity to reach potential candidates from our talented population of more than 120,000 students and alumni.
Recruitment services include job postings, resume books, direct outreach emails, and virtual information sessions at no cost. Employers are also invited to participate in Virtual Career Fairs that attract thousands of students and alumni who are actively seeking career advancement opportunities throughout the year. As an online university, we have candidates residing in all 50 states and more than 100 countries -- wherever the Internet goes!
Why Hire from APUS?
Experience and education: The median age of our student body is 30; they are active, working adults who bring experience and education to the table.
Rigorous programs: Our students and alumni are well-educated by leaders in their fields.
Committed students are well-developed alumni: Earning a degree from AMU or APU is no small feat! Most of our students work full- or part-time while maintaining a family life and other activities. This effort requires time-management skills and tenacity!
If you’d like some hard facts to back this up, check out some fast facts about APUS.
Stand Among Other Top Employers and Recruit the Best of the Best! Participate in Career Week 2013.
This exciting event boasts the opportunity for employers to participate in our traditional Virtual Career Fair (VCF) on June 10 and 11 from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST, as well as an In-Person Career Fair on June 14 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center.
Why you should participate:
- Before and after the event, recruiters can view participants' resumes online and screen potential applicants.
- Space will be provided for you to interview stellar candidates that you either met at the VCF or for on-the-spot interviews at the in-person job fair.
- Sixty percent of our students are military. Connect with degreed, veteran talent looking to transition into the civilian workforce.
- Your logo will be featured on our banner advertisement.
- Participating in both events will allow you to reach candidates locally and nationally.
Both events are free of charge. Space is limited, so register now to reserve your spot!
The APUS Job Board and Resume Database: What is the NACElink Network?
APUS has partnered with the NACElink Network to support our student and alumni job seekers. NACElink is the world's largest network of college and university career centers and has over five million participating employer members.
Over 14,000 AMU and APU students and alumni have registered to use the APUS NACElink Network. Employers who register to join the APUS NACElink Network are able to post unlimited job and internship opportunities. Invitations to special events are also sent to registered employers.
Beyond NACElink: Advertising Employment Opportunities to Students and Alumni
Targeted Emails: We will send direct emails on your behalf to student and alumni users within the NACElink Network, as well as to the entire APUS student and alumni community.
Social Media: We announce and promote new job postings and new employers on several social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, and our Student Lounge.
Personal Connections: Our team works closely together to ensure that students are aware of job opportunities in their field of study.
Virtual Career Fairs (VCF)
Virtual Career Fairs are an opportunity to meet, greet, and evaluate AMU and APU candidates from the comfort of your office! No fees. No travel.
Get noticed with an Information Session! Schedule a corporate presentation to educate students and alumni about your organization and what opportunities are available. Due to limited space, Information Sessions are granted on a first come, first served basis. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- General Information: email@example.com, 703-652-2795
- To take advantage of our complimentary services -- Direct Mailings, Social Media, Information Sessions, or Resume Book Drives -- contact Jacquelyn Brookins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-358-3133
- For information about NACElink or Virtual Career Fairs, contact Sonia Ferraro at email@example.com or 703-334-3211
- Please note: If your phone line blocks outgoing Caller ID, please use the general information line.