Registrar Records Specialist, Transcripts
- Reports To: Director, Registrations
- Department: Registrar
- Office Location: Charles Town
- Date Posted: October 26, 2009
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
Provides assistance to students regarding transcript requests, graduation transcripts and certificates.
- Produce transcripts and handle enrollment verifications for students.
- Ensure compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act when releasing information.
- Work with students and staff to resolve issues in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Communicate policies, programs and procedures in order to provide assistance and guidance to students in these arenas.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records.
- Ensure high level of student retention through high standards of service.
- Conduct work with strong personal and professional ethics and integrity. Work with collegiality toward students, staff, and faculty as well as external constituents.
- Provide back up to other Registrar Records Specialists to assist as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support our student body and organization.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two years of professional office experience required. Prior experience in an academic environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a customer service role desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.