Our mission is to encourage student learning while providing a sense of community and belonging to our students. We are committed to engaging students in programs that support and enhance the academic mission of the University. We strive to support our students academically, providing resources and opportunities for professional and social development.
The Office of Student Affairs helps connect students to the university, forming partnerships that promote retention and loyalty. To get a better sense of the student affairs experience from the student's perspective, visit our Student Affairs Center.
Core Benefits & Services
We are committed to developing leaders and providing activities that enhance learning both inside and outside the virtual classroom. We promote involvement in extracurricular activities as an essential component of the college experience. The Office of Student Affairs encourages students to become involved in campus life through student involvement groups, social networks, programs that support and encourage professional development, commencement activities, and much more. .
- Student Organizations: APUS students can become involved in campus life by joining or requesting to become a recognized student organization at APUS.
- Student Lounge: The Student Lounge provides open and private forums designed for students, faculty, alumni, and staff of APUS to share ideas, ask questions, and network with one another. The student lounge provides the opportunity to participate in cross organizational-social, asynchronous dialog with students, professors, alumni, and staff.
- University Newsletters: Stay current on university news and events! The university newsletters are a quarterly publication; published the first Thursday of March, June, September, and December. View AMU's "On the Frontline" and APU's "The Modern Scholar."
- Commencement Activities: Join fellow graduates, APUS faculty and staff at the annual Commencement Ceremony. The annual commencement ceremony is held each year, in May, for those that graduated the in the previous four conferrals.
- Global Mentor Network: Secure, online mentoring program for APUS students and alumni. This complementary service was created to allow students and alumni professional networking opportunities by opening up career-specific dialogues.
- Professional Development: Check out the Student Affairs Center for Internship opportunities, scholarship opportunities, and career resources that are readily available to our students.
- FOCUS-2: Online, self-guided, interactive program, designed to help students select an appropriate major and develop a career plan by identifying personal interests, values, skills, and personality traits.