Skip Navigation

International Transcripts

Non-U.S. transcripts of post secondary education must be evaluated by a foreign credential evaluation service to determine their U.S. equivalency. Various credential agencies can interpret the educational backgrounds of people who have studied outside the United States and are in need of statements of U.S. equivalencies (see the information below under "Accepted Credential Evaluation Service Organizations"). These agencies issue two main types of reports:

  • Degree-only verification - Verifies the type of degree earned and whether or not the non-U.S. institution degree is equivalent to one earned at an accredited U.S. institution.
  • Course-by-course evaluation - Verifies whether or not the non-U.S. institution is equivalent to an accredited U.S. institution and includes a separate report that provides U.S. semester credit, grade equivalent, and level equivalent (graduate or undergraduate) for each course. The report is used for Transfer Credit Evaluations (TCE).

Transfer students who apply for a TCE must request a course-by-course evaluation report be completed by one of the approved foreign credential services listed below and sent directly from the agency to our offices.

Exception: Transfer students who are requesting a TCE for coursework completed at a Canadian institution are NOT REQUIRED to get an international course-by-course evaluation of their transcript if it meets the following criteria (the official transcript will still be required):

  • The transcript is in English.
  • The institution is a member of Universities Canada [formerly the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC)] or other U.S. accrediting body recognized by the Unites States Department of Education.

Accepted Credential Evaluation Service Organizations:

APUS will accept official evaluation reports from the foreign education evaluation agencies listed below. Students are responsible for contacting the agency directly for procedure and fee information.

*Because membership may change throughout the year, students with non-U.S. transcripts requiring evaluation should visit the organization's web site to see the most current information.

The official course-by-course evaluation report should be mailed directly from the evaluating agency to: 

APUS Administrative Offices
Attention: Document Services
10110 Battleview Parkway
Suite 114
Manassas, VA  20109

For questions about non-U.S. documents or international student requirements, please e-mail