Program Learning Outcomes
By using various assessment tools and/or rubrics within the classroom, American Public University System (APUS) is able to capture a snapshot of students’ success in fulfilling their program outcomes. Signature assignments, generally in the final course of a program, are used to assess students’ proficiency in meeting each program outcome (PO). In order to show proficiency in an area, a student must achieve a score of 85% or greater. American Public University System strives to have 70% or more (university benchmark) of our students reaching the 85% proficiency standard. When this benchmark isn't met, action is taken to improve curriculum and instruction to better serve our students. The below chart shows combined results of M.S. Environmental Policy & Management students at APUS.
- PO#1- Research environmental management strategies that incorporate ecological, economic, and social considerations.
- PO#2- Analyze the ecological, economic, and social barriers to the implementation of sustainable environmental practices and programs.
- PO#3- Assess the direct and indirect costs of environmental regulation, problems, and corrective actions.
- PO#4- Examine environmental strategies and policies across spatial scales.
- PO#5- Evaluate the consequences of ecological destruction on public health, productivity, and social and economic welfare.
At this time, there is not enough data to report. Updates will be made as soon as this information becomes available.
End of Program Survey
Student satisfaction is extremely important at American Public University System. Students are asked to complete a survey at the conclusion of their program to give insight on their experience. Below are anonymous, self-reported results, from the End of Program survey, for students in the M.S. Environmental Policy & Management Program.