CHFD220 - Human Sexuality
Course Code: CHFD220 Course ID: 3739 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is an overview of the biological, psychological, cultural, and behavioral aspects of human sexuality and family life. The overall theme of the course focuses on attitudes and responsible sexual behavior. Key topics include how culture, society, and history have impacted our understanding of human sexuality.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|04/26/21 - 10/01/21||10/04/21 - 11/28/21||Fall 2021 Session B||8 Week session|
|05/21/21 - 10/29/21||11/01/21 - 12/26/21||Fall 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|06/28/21 - 12/03/21||12/06/21 - 01/30/22||Fall 2021 Session D||8 Week session|
|07/27/21 - 12/31/21||01/03/22 - 02/27/22||Winter 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|08/31/21 - 02/04/22||02/07/22 - 04/03/22||Winter 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/28/21 - 03/04/22||03/07/22 - 05/01/22||Winter 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Examine the physiological, psychological, and social aspects of sexual development throughout the lifespan.
- Describe the process of human reproduction including the physiological and psychological aspects of sexual response.
- Explain the emotional and psychological aspects of sexuality.
- Summarize modern family planning options.
- Compare and contrast the broad range of sexual attitudes and preferences.
- Analyze cultural influences on sexual values and decision-making.
|Forum 1||4.38 %|
|Forum 2||4.38 %|
|Forum 3||4.38 %|
|Forum 4||4.38 %|
|Forum 5||4.38 %|
|Forum 6||4.38 %|
|Forum 7||4.38 %|
|Forum 8||4.38 %|
|Week 1: Human Sexuality Throughout History Time-line||13.00 %|
|Week 2: Popular Culture's Perceptions of Sexuality and Aging||13.00 %|
|Week 5:Effective Communication in Intimate Relationships||13.00 %|
|Week 7: Sexual Tolerance||13.00 %|
|Week 8: Issues of Sex and Gender||13.00 %|
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.