COMM375 - Web and Mobile Communication
Course Code: COMM375 Course ID: 5042 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is designed to provide students with the theory and application of how to communicate on different web, mobile, and social platforms. The most effective way to communicate will be examined in addition to how consumers consume messages depending on multiple platforms. The immediacy of digital communication will be covered along with the need to respond in a timely manner without a bias toward action. Students will have hands-on experience crafting messages that meet the technological and audience needs of each of the major platforms. By the end of the course students will know how to strategically approach communication across web, mobile, and social platforms while constantly adapting messages depending on the situation. (Prerequisite: COMM356)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/31/21 - 02/04/22||02/07/22 - 04/03/22||Winter 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
|10/26/21 - 04/01/22||04/04/22 - 05/29/22||Spring 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
- CO1: Explain the communication differences between different web, mobile, or social media platforms.
- CO2: Describe how an audience consumes communication depending on the web, mobile, or social media platform.
- CO3: Create messages that best fit individual web, mobile, and social media platforms to achieve the intended communication goals.
- CO4: Compare and contrast ways to respond to consumer feedback that is appropriate depending on the situation.
- CO5: Analyze and critique web, mobile, and social media communication case studies.
- CO6: Plan and implement a web, mobile, and social media communication plan that communicates a unified message across multiple platforms.
Please see the eReserves for the weekly readings.
|Book Title:||Audience: Marketing in the Age of Subscribers, Fans and Followers - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Wiley Lib|
Not current for future courses.