COMM450 - Strategic Communication Career Management and Ethics
Course Code: COMM450 Course ID: 5047 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and understanding of strategic communication career management to ensure long-term career success. Students will learn the tools and strategies that will allow them to change with their industry, change industries, be flexible, constantly learn, network, and always be advocating for their own success. The importance of career management will be studied to ensure that strategic communication students will have the tools and strategies that will allow them to change with their industry, be flexible, constantly learn, network, and have long-term career success. In addition, advanced topics in ethics will be explored to ensure that all communication efforts are ethical and align to the values of the student and the mission of the organization. By the end of the course, students will be prepared to find employment in any industry by presenting themselves as communication professional. (Prerequisite: COMM351)
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|07/27/21 - 12/31/21||01/03/22 - 02/27/22||Winter 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|09/28/21 - 03/04/22||03/07/22 - 05/01/22||Winter 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
|11/30/21 - 04/29/22||05/02/22 - 06/26/22||Spring 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
- CO1: Analyze and critique the opportunities and challenges in the communication field over the long and short-term.
- CO2: Describe and explain the importance of a communication plan for communication success.
- CO3: Analyze strategic communication trends to develop leadership competencies that will allow the student to stay ahead of changes in the communication field.
- CO4: Analyze and critique advanced topics in communication ethics.
- CO5: Students will develop a professional portfolio of artifacts from the degree program to present to future prospective employers.
- CO6: Recognize and explain personal leadership traits that will contribute to strategic communication career success.
- CO7: Create an updated resume that highlights the strengths, skills, competences, and higher order thinking of a communication professional.
Please see the weekly Reading & Resources.
|Book Title:||Leadership Matters? Finding Voice, Connection and Meaning in the 21st Century - e-book available in the APUS Online Library|
|Publication Info:||Routledge Lib|
Not current for future courses.