ENTD600 - Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
Course Code: ENTD600 Course ID: 4105 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
Object oriented analysis and design is an essential precursor to developing the new generation of information systems. This course uses sound academic principles coupled with a pragmatic methodology to perform object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD). This course appraises and applies the widely adapted Unified Process framework, the Unified Modeling Language (UML), and various analysis and design methodologies subscribed to by acknowledged modeling experts. This course examines various OOAD technologies, performance analysis techniques to optimize performance, and methods to correct performance deficiencies. The course also assesses the principles and processes for gathering, defining, and analyzing the requirements (including the stakeholders’ interviews), system architecture, and software design.
- Assess the phases, processes, deliverables, workflows, and methodologies used in object-oriented software development.
- Examine software project management principles and techniques.
- Create a system design (the Solution model) that supports the functional requirements (FRs).
- Analyze system requirements to determine Structural Modeling.
- Apply the principles behavioral modeling software design.
- Examine the principles of class diagrams and data management.
- Assess the relationship between real use cases and use scenarios.
- Analyze various object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) technologies.
|Week 1 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 2 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 3 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 4 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 5 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 6 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 7 Forum||4.00 %|
|Week 8 Forum||4.00 %|
|Assignments (1-2)||10.00 %|
|Assignment 1 - Week 2||5.00 %|
|Assignment 2 - Week 3||5.00 %|
|Assignment 3||8.00 %|
|Assignment 3 - Week 5||8.00 %|
|Assignments (4-5)||20.00 %|
|Assignment 4 - Week 6||10.00 %|
|Assignment 5 - Week 7||10.00 %|
|Final Project/Assignment||20.00 %|
|Week 8 - Final Research Paper||20.00 %|
|Midterm Project/Assignment||10.00 %|
|Midterm Assignment - Week 4||10.00 %|
|Book Title:||Systems Analysis and Design: An Object Oriented Approach with UML, 5th ed.|
|Author:||Dennis, Haley Wixom and Tegarden|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$96.00|
Not current for future courses.