EVSP628 - Global Environmental Change
Course Code: EVSP628 Course ID: 2743 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
The study and consideration of global environmental and climate change are of increasing significance to society. In this course, students will examine the evidence for and causes of global environmental change and will analyze potential impacts on environmental policy and society. Emphasis will be on the implications of environmental change for environmental managers, including management decision-making, the adequacy of the current regulatory framework in addressing these problems, and the effect on future policy and legislation.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|06/29/20 - 12/04/20||12/07/20 - 01/31/21||Fall 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
|08/31/20 - 01/29/21||02/01/21 - 03/28/21||Winter 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- LO-1 Examine the concepts of global change and its causes.
- LO-2 Evaluate the relationship of global change to water quantity and quality.
- LO-3 Critique the relationship of global change to forest and tropical ecosystem health.
- LO-4 Evaluate the effect that global change has on biodiversity and endangered species.
- LO-5 Assess the impacts of dramatic climate change on human health.
- LO-6 Evaluate the role of global change evolving demands on agriculture and other managed systems.
- LO-7 Evaluate linkages among national security, foreign policy, and global change.
- LO-8 Integrate understanding of far-reaching effects of global change.
|Forum 1||2.14 %|
|Forum 2||2.14 %|
|Forum 3||2.14 %|
|Forum 4||2.14 %|
|Forum 5||2.14 %|
|Forum 6||2.14 %|
|Forum 7||2.14 %|
|Week 2 - Perceptions of Global Change||10.00 %|
|Week 7 - Intensively Managed Ecosystems||10.00 %|
|Draft Research Proposal||12.00 %|
|Week 3 - Draft Research Proposal||12.00 %|
|Mid-Term Assessment||25.00 %|
|Week 5 - Midterm Assessment||25.00 %|
|Final Research Proposal||28.00 %|
|Week 8 - Research Proposal||28.00 %|
Readings as identified in the Lessons
Additional Resources: Please go to the program guides in the APUS Library for additional resources:
Environmental Policy and Management: http://apus.campusguides.com/environmental_policy_management?hs=a
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) - American Public University System provides Microsoft Office 365 to AMU/APU students and faculty at no cost
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.