HIMA460 - Healthcare Data Management and Governance
Course Code: HIMA460 Course ID: 4915 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is designed to give the student an insight into the procedures and techniques that can be used to analyze health care data. The course will focus on the "how to" of systems by demonstrating fundamental skills and techniques that can be applied immediately to the management and governance of healthcare data. This course covers fundamentals of health care workflow process analysis and redesign as a necessary component of complete practice automation.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|05/21/21 - 10/29/21||11/01/21 - 12/26/21||Fall 2021 Session I||8 Week session|
|07/27/21 - 12/31/21||01/03/22 - 02/27/22||Winter 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|10/26/21 - 04/01/22||04/04/22 - 05/29/22||Spring 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, candidates will be able to:
- Analyze information needs across the healthcare continuum
- Demonstrate compliance with internal and external data requirements.
- Evaluate health information systems data storage.
- Construct and maintain the standardization of data to meet the needs of the enterprise.
- Apply knowledge of database architecture and design to meet organizational needs.
- Evaluate data to create meaningful presentation.
- Examine the development and implementation of information governance initiatives.
Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm,ET Wednesday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
|Book Title:||Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice, 5th ed. - the VitalSource e-book is provided inside the classroom|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$115.00|
Not current for future courses.