Please join the forums each week. Replies must be posted in the week due and replies after the end of the each week will not be graded. The Forums are for student interaction and input should be submitted before the week ends in order to fully participate in the discussions. Students should demonstrate their own knowledge in the forums and avoid copying and pasting from websites.
• Post the initial response to each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Thursday.
• Initial responses should be no less than 300 words.
• Initial responses are to be original in content and demonstrate a thorough analysis of the topic.
• Reply to at least 2 of your classmates in each forum by 11:55pm, ET, Sunday.
• Replies to classmates should be no less than 200 words.
• Responses to classmates are significant to advance the forum.
• All forums can be accessed in the Forums section of the course.
Weeks 1-6 feature graded lab activities, accessible through the AHIMA text companion website associated with the course text. Please follow the instructions provided within the text for how to access the companion site. Submission requirements for each lab are provided within the Assignments area of the course.
You will choose any topic of interest related to this course (scan the textbook for ideas) to research further. Your final paper should be 8-10 pages, not including the cover page and reference page. The Term Paper will have deliverables throughout the term, with the final paper due in Week 7.
• Topic Description: Week 2
• Annotated Bibliography: Week 3
• Outline: Week 4
• Final Term Paper: Week 7
Written work should adhere to APA format; see the Citation and Reference Style policy information within the Policies section of the syllabus for further information. Your Term Paper will be evaluated against the Graduate Level Writing Rubric.