SPMT630 - Sales and Promotions in Sport
Course Code: SPMT630 Course ID: 4030 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course focuses on the fundamentals roles of developing, activating, and managing sport sponsorship through sales and promotion. Through shared practical examples, this course will view how to generate ticket sales through sport promotion and how to utilize e-commerce as a promotional tool in sports.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|02/24/20 - 07/31/20||08/03/20 - 09/27/20||Summer 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
|05/25/20 - 10/30/20||11/02/20 - 12/27/20||Fall 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (L.O.):
- Summarize the theoretical foundations for effective sport promotion.
- Assess the risks and benefits of sport sponsorships.
- Explain the steps involved in the sales process and the components of a sale.
- Analyze strengths and weaknesses of various sales strategies and methods to be able to determine the most appropriate method for particular sales situations.
- Illustrate the methods to generate revenue for a sport organization through the sales of inventory.
- Evaluate the value of sponsorship fulfillment.
- Create a sales plan and tactics for the ticket-specific inventory unique to the sport industry.
|Discussion Forums||30.00 %|
|Week 1 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.75 %|
|Written Assignments||50.00 %|
|Week 2 Assignment: Sport Sales and Promotion Plan Proposal||12.50 %|
|Week 3 Assignment: Promotional Campaigns||12.50 %|
|Week 4 Assignment: Marketing Athletes||12.50 %|
|Week 6 Assignment: Challenges of Wireless Content Delivery||12.50 %|
|Final Project||20.00 %|
|Week 8 Assignment: Sport Sales and Promotion Plan||20.00 %|
See Course Outline
There may be other materials, including websites outside the classroom, assigned by the Instructor during the course.
In addition to the required course texts the following public domain websites are useful. Please abide by the APUS academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note website addresses are subject to change.
The OWL at Purdue
APA Style Homepage
North American Society for Sport Management
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
Not current for future courses.