SPMT697 - Sports Management Capstone
Course Code: SPMT697 Course ID: 4587 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course requires students to complete a culminating research project based from theories, research methods and analytical skills, and substantive knowledge obtained through their master's curriculum in sports management. Research options involve concepts and applications covered throughout the student's learning experience in the master's curriculum; including marketing, finance, leadership, sociology, legal considerations, and sociology relative to sports management and the sports industry. NOTE: This course may not be taken until all other courses are COMPLETED and student has a 3.0 GPA.
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (L.O.):
- Produce a career development plan using APUS resources, services, and networking opportunities.
- Conduct a career search for a position of choice or search other post-graduate choices to share in the forum.
- Revise assignments/projects from previous coursework throughout the program based on feedback from the instructor.
- Organize a significant collection of resources in an e-Portfolio including projects, papers, and other relevant examples showcasing work completed during the program to demonstrate mastery of the program objectives.
- Critique a peer’s e-portfolio and pitch by providing feedback using the assigned rubric.
- Demonstrate integration of concepts, theories, and practice as a result of completion of core and required course work for the Masters in Sports Management Degree.
- Explain professional growth attained during the master’s program or explain your professional skills to a potential employer.
|Week 1 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 3 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 4 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 5 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 6 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 7 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 8 Forum||3.75 %|
|Week 2 Assignment: Cover Letter||11.25 %|
|Week 3 Assignment: Interview a Professional||11.25 %|
|Week 5 Assignment: Mock Interview with a Classmate||11.25 %|
|Week 6 Assignment: Mock Interview Analysis||11.25 %|
|Final Project||25.00 %|
|Week 8 Assignment: Portfolio||25.00 %|
|Week 4 Assignment: Cover Letter||0.00 %|
|Week 2 Assignment: Interview a Sports Professional||0.00 %|
|Week 8 Assignment: Final Project - Portfolio||0.00 %|
See Course Outline
There may be other materials, including websites outside the classroom, assigned by the Instructor during the course.
In addition to the required course texts the following public domain websites are useful. Please abide by the APUS academic honesty policy when using Internet sources as well. Note website addresses are subject to change.
|Book Title:||Various resources from the APUS Library & the Open Web are used. Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the course eReserve.*|
Not current for future courses.