TLMT318 - Hazardous Materials Transportation
Course Code: TLMT318 Course ID: 2929 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course is a study of the packaging, transportation, and delivery of hazardous materials. Course topics include container, vehicular, storage, mode, onload/offload, and other considerations associated with hazardous materials transportation.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/21 - 06/03/22||06/06/22 - 07/31/22||Spring 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/22 - 07/01/22||07/04/22 - 08/28/22||Summer 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/22 - 07/29/22||08/01/22 - 09/25/22||Summer 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/22 - 09/02/22||09/05/22 - 10/30/22||Summer 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/22 - 09/30/22||10/03/22 - 11/27/22||Fall 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|05/21/22 - 11/04/22||11/07/22 - 01/01/23||Fall 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
After completing the course, a student will be able to:
- Identify the primary Federal framework for defining Hazardous Material and contrast the differences between regulatory definitions
- Illustrate the importance of the 29 CFR Hazard Communication Standard, requirement for a MSDS to Hazmat transportation
- Define the internationally accepted mathematical technical and scientific terms used in Hazardous materials transportation
- Describe the processes and procedures that lead to the promulgation of federal regulations and recognize all technical terms used.
- Utilize information in the 49 CFR Parts 100-‐180 and recall the organization of all Codes of Federal Regulations
- Differentiate safety and security issues related to the movement of hazardous materials
- Recognize areas of specific concern related to packaging and protection of hazardous materials before, during and immediately after transportation
- Examine the unique ownership issues related to regulated waste
- Discuss Life Cycle Management and ownership issues
Please see the Student Handbook to reference the University’s grading scale.
- There is no hard copy formal text for the course but access to the various Codes of Federal Regulations (CFRs) is required. The best place to find all the CFRs is the Government Printing Office website and the best choice of GPO websites is : http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text---idx?c=ecfr&tpl=%2Findex.tpl
|Book Title:||2020 Emergency Response Guidebook - e-book available online|
|Publication Info:||U.S. Dept of Transportation|
|Author:||U.S. Dept of Transportation|
Not current for future courses.