TLMT352 - Distribution Systems
Course Code: TLMT352 Course ID: 3334 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Undergraduate
This course addresses the principles and practices of transportation and its role in the distribution process. Topics include the physical transportation system of the United States and its performance; carrier responsibilities and services; economic and legal bases of rates, freight classification and tariffs; public policy regarding regulation; and transportation issues and problems.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|12/28/21 - 06/03/22||06/06/22 - 07/31/22||Spring 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
|01/25/22 - 07/01/22||07/04/22 - 08/28/22||Summer 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|02/22/22 - 07/29/22||08/01/22 - 09/25/22||Summer 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
|03/29/22 - 09/02/22||09/05/22 - 10/30/22||Summer 2022 Session D||8 Week session|
|04/26/22 - 09/30/22||10/03/22 - 11/27/22||Fall 2022 Session B||8 Week session|
|05/21/22 - 11/04/22||11/07/22 - 01/01/23||Fall 2022 Session I||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, students will fulfill the following Learning Objectives (LO):
- Evaluate intermodal transportation's role in distribution.
- Analyze technology’s role in transportation (EDI, RFID, other innovations).
- Contrast the role of transportation intermediaries (freight forwarders, customs brokers, 3PLs).
- Defend the role of the warehouse in today’s supply chain.
- Report examples of strategies that promote distribution efficiency.
- Explain cyclical economic forces in relation to the transportation industry.
- Describe the effect of government regulation on the transportation industry.
- Justify the Green Supply Chain’s role in promoting sustainability.
Please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php and search by the course number (ex: LITR210) to access your required resources.
|Book Title:||To find the library e-book(s) req'd for your course, please visit http://apus.libguides.com/er.php to locate the eReserve by course #.|
|Author:||No Author Specified|
|Book Title:||Excellence in Warehouse Management-E-book available in the APUS Online Library|
Not current for future courses.