TLMT600 - National Transportation Management
Course Code: TLMT600 Course ID: 2683 Credit Hours: 3 Level: Graduate
This course aligns transportation management with a comprehensive overview of intermodal transportation and logistics management. We will look at recent trends in the field and its important stakeholders. Business logistics/supply chain will be viewed from managerial perspectives impacting physical distribution, materials management, transportation management, and logistics and supply chain management. The course covers the planning, organizing, and controlling of these activities including sub-activities such as transportation basics, inventory and location strategies.
|Registration Dates||Course Dates||Session||Weeks|
|08/26/19 - 01/31/20||02/03/20 - 03/29/20||Winter 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
|09/30/19 - 02/28/20||03/02/20 - 04/26/20||Winter 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
|10/28/19 - 04/03/20||04/06/20 - 05/31/20||Spring 2020 Session B||8 Week session|
|11/25/19 - 05/01/20||05/04/20 - 06/28/20||Spring 2020 Session I||8 Week session|
|12/30/19 - 05/29/20||06/01/20 - 07/26/20||Spring 2020 Session D||8 Week session|
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define customer service goals.
- Examine transportation strategy.
- Evaluate a transportation decision.
- Identify inventory management strategies.
- Explain the importance of storage and handling decisions.
- Examine facility network planning process including location strategies.
- Explain logistics/supply chain control process.
- Compare and contrast the impact regulation/deregulation has on transportation strategy.
Please see the Student Handbook to reference the University’s grading scale.
|Book Title:||The Definitive Guide to Transportation: Principles, Strategies, and Decisions for the Effective Flow of Goods and Services|
|Author:||CSCMP, Goldsby, Iyengar and Rao|
|Electronic Unit Cost:||$37.80|
Not current for future courses.