Skip Navigation

Admission of Concurrent High School Students

Students who are still in high school are able to concurrently register in 100 and 200 level courses. If you are a high school student who meets all eligibility requirements for concurrent enrollment, you can be admitted as an undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking student.

Students who have erroneously stated they are still in high school on the application for admission may provide one of the below for review in order to determine eligibility to pursue a degree or certificate program:

  • An unofficial or official high school transcript/diploma
  • A signed letter from their Education Service Officer indicating that the student’s high school is acceptable for acceptance into their service branch and the usage of tuition assistance benefits
  • An unofficial or official Joint Services Transcript, CCAF transcript or DD Form 214 Certificate of Release/Discharge from Active Duty
  • An unofficial or official college transcript showing completion of 9 or more hours of college credit

Concurrent Enrollment Process

You must complete the standard application for admission as an undergraduate Non-Degree Seeking student.

You will also need to supply the following documents prior to being eligible to register for courses:

  • You must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
  • If you are under the age of 17, you will also need to have an Enrollment Waiver Form signed by your parent or legal guardian.
  • An official high school transcript or official letter from the principal or guidance counselor verifying junior or senior standing and high school GPA of 3.0 or better or its equivalent. A class standing lower than junior or a GPA of 2.0-3.0 also may be accepted in certain circumstances and subject to the APUS Provost’s approval.

If you have any more questions regarding enrolling while still in high school, or need a copy of the Enrollment Waiver Form, please contact us at

 Back to Top