Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Program Director, Emergency and Disaster Management
Terri is admitted to practice law in the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia, and has been admitted in the Federal United States District Court for the District of Maryland. Prior to law school, she obtained a Master of Science dual degree from the Johns Hopkins University in Leadership and Finance/Accounting.
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Conrad J. Lotze - Dean, School of Education
- William Owen - PD, Mathematics
- Dr. Fred Stielow - VP, Dean of Library and Educational Material
- Dr. Kathleen Irwin - PD, Business Administration
- Dr. Carol Passman - PD, Psychology
Military Studies adjunct professor Major General David A. Morris was appointed to the Lemko Corporation’s Advisory Board.
Associate professor Dr. Christi Scott Bartman, MPA, JD has been elected to the Ohio Program Evaluation (OPE) Board.
Director of Research Methodology Dr. Melissa Layne; VP & Dean, Institutional Research and Assessment Dr. Jennifer Stephens Helm; and VP, Institutional Accreditation Lynn Wright will co-present “Creating An Assessment Culture in an Online Environment” at the 2013 Distance Learning Administration Conference on June 3 in Jekyll Island, GA.
Faculty Directors Dr. Suzanne Minarcine and Dr. Jill Fuson will co-present “Engaging Adjunct Faculty in Online Education” at the 2013 Distance Learning Administration Conference on June 3 in Jekyll Island, GA.
Emergency and Disaster Management faculty member Dr. Karen Cieslewicz recipient of the 2013 Doctor of the Year award was recently interviewed by Close-Up Talk Radio.
CTL, Faculty Development Manager Barbara Manuputy and CTL, Faculty Development Instructor Dr. Teresa Williams will co-present “The Community Course: A MOOC Alternative” at the 2013 Distance Learning Administration Conference on June 3 in Jekyll Island, GA.
VP & Dean of Program Development Dr. G. Wynn Berry served on the credit evaluation team for the American Council of Education at the Joint Forces Staff College on May 13 in Norfolk, VA.
APU student Shawn Tatham has been named the 2013 Pinellas County Paramedic of the Year by the Pinellas County Public Safety Services in Florida. He is pursuing a master’s degree in emergency and disaster management.
- Dr. Conrad Lotze - School of Education
- William J. Owen - Mathematics
- Dr. Carol Pollio - Environmental Science
- Terri Wilkin - Emergency and Disaster Management
- Dr. William Whitley - Accounting and Finance
- Dr. Nancy Heath - Child and Family Development
- Dr. Chad Patrizi - Business and Management
- Dr. Elena Mastors - School of Security and Global Studies
- Dr. Everett Corum - Humanities, Philosophy, Religion, and World Languages
- Dr. Joseph Campos - Intelligence Studies