Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Dean, School of Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
As the School of Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math Dean, Mr. Benjamin led in the establishment of the department and its curriculum at American Public University. He’s a foremost IT and management education leader drawing on an extensive consulting career in the public and private sectors. His clients include the White House, Senate, Department of Defense, Department of Treasury, Federal Aviation Administration, and the Department of Education. Mr. Benjamin is a sitting member of the University’s Academic Integrity Committee and authored books on Java and Oracle published by Element-K and McGraw-Hill Professional.
▶ View More...
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Linda Moynihan - Dean, School of Arts & Humanities
- Dr. Kathleen Tate - PD, Teaching
- Dan Benjamin - AVP & Dean, School of Science and Technology
- Dr. Tammy Lynn Woody - Faculty Director, School of Education
- Dr. Jennifer Stephens Helm - VP, Dean of Assessment
Program Director, Human Development and Family Studies Dr. Nancy Heath presented “Teaching Family Policy: From High School to Cyber School” and “Family Life Education and the Affordable Care Act” at the National Council on Family Relations 75th annual meeting in San Antonio, Texas on November 6.
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math adjunct professor James Brown was named one of the Top 40 Innovators in Education by the Center for Digital Education.
Director, First- Year Experience Dr. Angela Gibson will co-present “First-Year Curriculum Review: Cross-Institutional Collaboration at a Fully Online Institution” at the 33rd Annual Conference on The First-Year Experience in San Diego, Calif., in February 2014.
Sports & Health Sciences Associate Professor Dr. Lisa Miller, Director of Corporate & Strategic Relationships Tatiana Sehring, and AVP of Corporate & Strategic Relationships Michelle Maldonado recently participated on a conference panel entitled: “The Search for Brilliance: Five Steps to Spark Your Own Authentic Leadership Journey” at the Human Capital Institute’s annual Learning and Leadership Development Conference hosted virtually and live in Boston, Mass.
- Education & Family Development
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Intelligence & Security
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Public Administration
- Public Safety
- Real Estate & Land Planning
- Sports & Health
- Transportation & Logistics
To receive additional insights and academic contributions on a weekly basis from our faculty and staff subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- Dr. Tammy Lynn Woody - School of Education
- Dr. Jennifer Stephens Helm - VP, Institutional Research & Assessement
- Dr. Kathleen Tate - M.Ed. Teaching
- Dr. Linda Moynihan - School of Arts and Humanities
- Kevin Forehand - Real Estate Studies
- Terri Wilkin - Legal Studies
- Dr. Kimberlee Ratliff - School of Counseling
- Dr. Patricia Campbell - Graduate Studies
- Sheri Hernandez - Hospitality Management
- Dr. Vincent Giordano - Criminal Justice