Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Program Director, Electrical Engineering
Colin Doyle has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Southern Methodist University Dallas, Texas. The topic for his thesis was “Modified Texture Unit Based Shape Classification. ”He focused on control theory, communication theory, digital signal processing, and image processing. Colin has an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from The University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma. The topic for his thesis was “Radar Cross Section Estimation by the Method of Triangular Subsections.”
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Amy Burkman - SOE, Assessment and Accreditation
- Dr. Nancy Heath - PD, Child and Family Development
- Dr. Chad Patrizi - VP & Dean, School of Business
- Dr. Kristen Obst - PD, Security Management
- Dr. Conrad Lotze - VP & Dean, School of Education
APUS is a sponsor at the 20th Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference, October 29-31 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Several staff and faculty will be presenting.
School of Business faculty member Brenda Geer-Frazier wrote “Complexity Leadership Generates Innovation, Learning, and Adaptation of the Organization” for Emergence: Complexity & Organization.
Assistant Provost of Assessment and Accreditation Dr. Jennifer Stephens Helm presented “Implementing the Degree Qualifications Profile Framework at an Online University,” at the National University Technology Network (NUTN) Conference last week in San Antonio. In addition, Jennifer has joined NUTN’s advisory board. Her terms ends in 2017.
- Education & Family Development
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Intelligence & Security
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Public Administration
- Public Safety
- Real Estate & Land Planning
- Sports & Health
- Transportation & Logistics
To receive additional insights and academic contributions on a weekly basis from our faculty and staff subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- Daniel Benjamin - STEM
- Dr. Angela Gibson - Arts and Humanities
- Dr. Edward Hagerty - National Security Studies
- Dr. Kathleen J. Tate - Teaching
- Dr. Clay Wilson - Cybersecurity
- Dr. Linda Moynihan - Arts and Humanities
- Dr. Colin Doyle - Electrical Engineering
- Dr. Joanne Flowers - Public Health
- Irena Kageorgis - Information Systems Security
- Dr. Brian Anderson - Space Studies