Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Professor, School of Arts and Humanities
Dr. Angela M. Gibson serves as full-time faculty with the rank of Professor for the School of Arts and Humanities at American Public University teaching first-year students in Foundations of Online Learning, undergraduate students in capstone courses, and graduate students in analytical and writing classes. Previously she worked as an Instructional Strategist with the Instructional Design and Development Team at APUS. She is a recipient of the Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan Consortium) 2014 Effective Practice Award.
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Amy Burkman - SOE, Assessment and Accreditation
- Dr. Nancy Heath - PD, Child and Family Development
- Dr. Chad Patrizi - VP & Dean, School of Business
- Dr. Kristen Obst - PD, Security Management
- Dr. Conrad Lotze - VP & Dean, School of Education
Board of Trustees Member Dr. Katy E. Marre participated in a Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Institutional Actions Council (IAC) meeting last month. Katy reviewed assigned institutional submissions for "pathways," new programs, and international partnerships between US and foreign universities.
President & CEO Dr. Wally Boston presented “The Need for Quality Assurance for Non-Institutional Providers of Postsecondary Education” at the Presidents’ Forum on Oct. 23 in Washington, D.C
Government Contracts and Acquisition Program Director Dr. Oliver Hedgepeth co-published “Engineering Management Journal: A Cultural Review,” which was presented the ASEM International 2014 Annual Conference earlier this month in Virginia Beach, Va.
Reverse Logistics Management Program Director Dr. Robert Gordon will speak as part of the drones panel at the Dupont Summit on Science, Technology & Environmental Policy on Dec. 5 in Washington, D.C.
School of Security and Global Studies faculty member Dr. Daniel Dudzinski wrote “Understanding Victims' Behaviors so We Can Help Them” for Fraud Magazine.
- Education & Family Development
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Intelligence & Security
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Public Administration
- Public Safety
- Real Estate & Land Planning
- Sports & Health
- Transportation & Logistics
To receive additional insights and academic contributions on a weekly basis from our faculty and staff subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- Carol Froisy - English and Communication
- Dr. Francesca Catalano - STEM
- Daniel Benjamin - STEM
- Dr. Angela Gibson - Arts and Humanities
- Dr. Edward Hagerty - National Security Studies
- Dr. Kathleen J. Tate - Teaching
- Dr. Clay Wilson - Cybersecurity
- Dr. Linda Moynihan - Arts and Humanities
- Dr. Colin Doyle - Electrical Engineering
- Dr. Joanne Flowers - Public Health