Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Program Director, Natural Sciences
Dr. Welsch received his Ph.D. in Environmental Science from the University of Virginia in 2003. His research focuses on the hydrology and biogeochemistry of natural and impacted systems, working in the forests of Montana, and the coal fields of Western Maryland.
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Amy Burkman - SOE, Assessment and Accreditation
- Dr. Nancy Heath - PD, Child and Family Development
- Dr. Chad Patrizi - VP & Dean, School of Business
- Dr. Kristen Obst - PD, Security Management
- Dr. Conrad Lotze - VP & Dean, School of Education
Military Studies faculty member Dr. Martin Scott Catino will present “Assessing Iranian Security Capabilities: The Case of the Green Movement Protests, 2009-2012,” at the Middle East Dialogue 2015: Glorious Past, Uncertain Future on Feb. 26 in Washington, D.C.
- Education & Family Development
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Intelligence & Security
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Public Administration
- Public Safety
- Real Estate & Land Planning
- Sports & Health
- Transportation & Logistics
To receive additional insights and academic contributions on a weekly basis from our faculty and staff subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- Dr. Christi Bartman - Public Administration
- Dr. Nicole Drumhiller - Intelligence Studies
- Sheri Hernandez - Hospitality Management
- Dr. Patricia Campbell - Graduate Studies
- Dr. Daniel Welsch - Natural Sciences
- Dr. Richard Hines - History/Military History
- Dr. Nancy Heath - Human Development and Family Studies
- Dr. Kathleen J. Tate - M.Ed. Teaching
- Dr. Everett Corum - Humanities