Community of Scholars
Featured Scholar of the Week
Program Director, Political Science
Dr. Schwalbe, Program Director of Political Science at American Public University, retired from the Air Force in 2007 as a colonel after 30 years of active duty service. He has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Air Force Academy; a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Golden Gate University; a Master’s degree from the Naval Postgraduate School; a Master’s degree from the Naval War College; and, a PhD from Auburn University in Public Policy.
Each week, the APUS Scholar of the Week initiative highlights a program topic and shares thought-provoking content relevant to current industry news, trends, and world events through the professional insights and academic contributions of our faculty scholar practitioners.
Upcoming Scholars of the Week
- Dr. Amy Burkman - SOE, Assessment and Accreditation
- Dr. Nancy Heath - PD, Child and Family Development
- Dr. Chad Patrizi - VP & Dean, School of Business
- Dr. Kristen Obst - PD, Security Management
- Dr. Conrad Lotze - VP & Dean, School of Education
Military Studies faculty member Dr. Martin Scott Catino will present “Assessing Iranian Security Capabilities: The Case of the Green Movement Protests, 2009-2012,” at the Middle East Dialogue 2015: Glorious Past, Uncertain Future on Feb. 26 in Washington, D.C.
- Education & Family Development
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology
- Intelligence & Security
- International Relations
- Liberal Arts
- Public Administration
- Public Safety
- Real Estate & Land Planning
- Sports & Health
- Transportation & Logistics
To receive additional insights and academic contributions on a weekly basis from our faculty and staff subscribe to any of our newsletters.
- Dr. Mark Riccardi - Security & Global Studies
- William J. Owen - Mathematics
- Dr. Stephen Schwalbe - Political Science
- Brian Freeland - School of Health Sciences
- Dr. William Hedgepeth - Government Contracting & Acquisitions
- Dr. Tammy Lynn Woody - School of Education
- Kevin Forehand - Retail Management
- Julie Atwood - Assessment