Please Note: All military transcripts will now be available through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) Website
The Joint Services Transcript (JST) Website is a computerized transcript system that produces official transcripts for eligible soldiers upon request by combining a soldier's military education, training and experience with descriptions and credit recommendations developed by ACE.
Eligibility for a JST transcript:
- Active duty Sailors (with BASDs from 1975 to the present)
- Marines (with BASDs from 1990 to the present)
- Members of the USMC Reserve
- Marines who left active duty on or after October 1, 1999
How to order a JST transcript to be reviewed for possible transfer credit:
- Connect to the Joint Services Transcript secure JST Transcript Delivery Web Site, https://jst.doded.mil/smart/dodMandatoryBannerForm/submit.do
- Log into the JST System
- Click on the "Transcripts" tab at the top of the page, and then click the "Official Transcript Request" tab.
Type in the institute name or any part of the name and click "search" or hit enter (Example: American Military or American Public could be entered into the search field.
Verify the delivery method.
Acknowledge consent statement.
JST receives its data directly from official Navy/Marine military personnel records and contains the following:
- Current rank, military status, & time in service
- Current academic level completed, additional skill identifiers (ASI), and skill qualification identifiers (SQI)
- Formal military courses
- Military occupational specialties (MOS/NER/MCT) held
- Standardized test scores
- Descriptions and credit recommendations developed by ACE
- Completed college coursework at accredited colleges and universities while on active duty
Students who are in a category not mentioned above must provide a DD Form 295 or DD Form 2586 (Verification of Military Experience and Training). These forms list the ACE recommendation for courses completed and should provide a detailed list of any courses for which credit may be awarded.
Marine Corps Institute
Students who attended the Marine Corps Institute may obtain an official transcript by completing one of the following:
- Visit the MCI website at www.mci.usmc.mil and log in to the Student Dashboard using your SSN and DOB. Students must submit a ticket to ensure their MCI transcript is sent.
- By calling 800-MCI-USMC, Monday through Friday from 0730 to 1700.
- By sending a letter to:
Marine Corps Institute
912 Charles Poor Street SE
Washington Navy Yard D.C. 20391-5680
Items needed to obtain a Marine Corps Institute Transcript:
- Full Name
- Full SSN
- Mailing address of American Public University System (Step 5 on page)
- Approximate dates of completion, (i.e. 19___ to 19___).
Marine Corps transcripts that may be obtained through the TRA process (Use the links for more information about transcripts. Where links are not present, please visit or contact an Education Center):
US Marine Corps Command & Staff College (resident program)
Marine Corps schools and training that may have potential transfer credit but cannot be obtained through the TRA process (Use the links for more information about transcripts. Where links are not present, please visit or contact an Education Center):
US Marine Corps Command & Staff College (non-resident program)