The Department of Career Services has a robust offering of programs and services, and below is an outline containing eligibility and expectations for use.
Open Access Services
Prospective students (those who have not yet registered for their first course), are eligible to use the following programs and resources:
Focus 2 Career Planning Assessment Tool;
Resources contained on the public Career Services Website;
Access to our social media communities;
Program Specific Career Resources.
Individuals who have registered for their first course, as well as alumni holding a certificate, associates, bachelors or master’s degree from APUS are eligible for assistance with exploring career options, personalized career guidance, resume reviews, and mock interviews. The job search process can be time consuming and challenging at times. Professional and courteous behavior is expected at all times. Career Services reserves the right to restrict access to personalized services should the student or alumni be rude, aggressive or threatening toward staff or employers.
The university job board is available to certificate and degree-seeking students who have successfully completed the first assignment in their first course from APUS and is open to all degree and certificate holding alumni from our institution. Portfolium may also be used in your courses to develop portfolio pieces highlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities you gain through your coursework.
While everyone is eligible to create a free Portfolium® account, access must be granted for eligible users to be included in the APUS Network and have a verified account. Advantages to being included in the network include, but are not limited to:
- Discoverable by companies and organization working closely with APUS to recruit specifically from the student and alumni population;
- Connect easily with APUS students, alumni, and faculty;
- Access to exclusive APUS Network information and resources.
Gaining access into the APUS Network:
- Access will be granted, automatically, on a monthly basis to newly eligible users. Eligible users wishing to request access before the monthly update can from within Portfolium;
- Primary email address with Portfolium must be matched by an email address provided on the student file (primary, secondary, or school email address);
- No network access will be approved without a matching email address;
- Aliases are not acceptable nor will be approved.
APUS Network access can be revoked for:
Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Documents being submitted for review must be submitted as a Microsoft Word compatible attachment through our appointment management systems or through one of the two emails addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com). Resumes, cover letters, application materials, position descriptions, among other items reviewed by the staff, will not be accepted if linked to within the email message (ie: Dropbox).
While career services can assist with many aspects of the job searching process, they do not offer placement assistance. The Department of Career Services may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.