Mission & Vision
The mission of American Public University System is to provide high quality higher education with emphasis on educating the nation’s military and public service communities by offering respected, relevant, accessible, affordable, and student-focused online programs that prepare students for service and leadership in a diverse, global society.
American Public University System seeks to advance social, economic and environmental well-being through the transformative power of education with:
- Dynamic, engaging, quality learning experiences;
- Best-in-class student interfaces;
- Diverse and career relevant degree programs;
- Communities of lifelong learners and practice in selected disciplines;
- Evaluation of transfer credit and competency-based learning;
- Affordability relative to public institutions;
- Strategic partnerships with key stakeholders; and,
- Thought leadership that contributes to effective change in higher education.
American Public University System is guided in fulfilling its mission by these shared principles and core values:
Accessibility The University provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that supports a lifetime of learning and freedom of inquiry and expression.
Innovation The University implements imaginative and forward-thinking solutions to its changing environmental and student needs.
Integrity The University holds itself accountable for conducting operations in an ethical manner and practices fairness, honesty, and objectivity.
Learning The University System fosters an environment of knowledge and understanding that promotes a life of learning.
Quality The University is committed to high standards of distinction, excellence and continuous improvement in all aspects of its evolving operations.