A.A. Business Administration Assessment Results
Program Learning Outcomes
By using various assessment tools and/or rubrics within the classroom, American Public University System (APUS) is able to capture a snapshot of students’ success in fulfilling their program outcomes. Signature assignments, generally in the final course of a program, are used to assess students’ proficiency in meeting each program outcome (PO). In order to show proficiency in an area, a student must achieve a score of 85% or greater. American Public University System strives to have 70% or more (university benchmark) of our students reaching the 85% proficiency standard. When this benchmark isn't met, action is taken to improve curriculum and instruction to better serve our students. The below chart shows combined results of A.A. Business Administration students at APUS.
- PO#1- Use skills in oral and written communication as well as mathematics, relevant general education coursework, and specific business knowledge in the basics of accounting, economics, management, and marketing.
- PO#2- Discuss the basic business principles and operations, including management, marketing, and finance.
- PO#3- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and team-building skills in a business management environment.
- PO#4- Examine basic tools for managing in organizations based on a fundamental knowledge of both individual and organizational behavior.
- PO#5- Discuss management and supervisory principles that are foundational to the field of business.
Learning Outcomes Assessment: ETS Proficiency Profile
Undergraduate students at American Public University System (both AMU and APU) are required to participate in our national testing initiative as they near degree completion. This involves completion of the ETS Proficiency Profile, a general education assessment. This initiative enables us to evaluate and inform teaching and learning, as well as benchmark our programs. Below are combined results from the ETS Proficiency Profile for A.A. Business Administration students in the School of Business.
End of Program Survey
Student satisfaction is extremely important at American Public University System. Students are asked to complete a survey at the conclusion of their program to give insight on their experience. Below are anonymous, self-reported results, from the End of Program survey, for students in the A.A. Business Administration Program.