Program Learning Outcomes
By using various assessment tools and/or rubrics within the classroom, American Public University System (APUS) is able to capture a snapshot of students’ success in fulfilling their program outcomes. Signature assignments, generally in the final course of a program, are used to assess students’ proficiency in meeting each program outcome (PO). In order to show proficiency in an area, a student must achieve a score of 85% or greater. American Public University System strives to have 70% or more (university benchmark) of our students reaching the 85% proficiency standard. When this benchmark isn't met, action is taken to improve curriculum and instruction to better serve our students. The below chart shows combined results of A.A. Real Estate Studies students at APUS.
- PO#1- Discuss career opportunities that exist in the real estate industry and the personal, educational, experiential, and licensing requirements that pertain to each.
- PO#2- Identify broad perspectives on the principles, practices, legal and ethical issues that are important to successful practitioners in each type of real estate careers.
- PO#3- Apply specific skill sets important to each area of real estate practice including financial analysis, property appraisal, internet-based marketing and research, contract negotiation, investment evaluation, personal marketing, time management and organizational skills.
- PO#4- Examine requirements to qualify for any licensing exams and/or other entry requirements (in the state(s) they plan to practice) pertinent to the area of real state that they identify as of interest.
- PO#5- Develop clear strategies, goals and objectives, and action plans to launch a successful real estate career upon graduation, discharge, or retirement.
Learning Outcomes Assessment: ETS Proficiency Profile
Undergraduate students at American Public University System (both AMU and APU) are required to participate in our national testing initiative as they near degree completion. This involves completion of the ETS Proficiency Profile, a general education assessment. This initiative enables us to evaluate and inform teaching and learning, as well as benchmark our programs. Below are combined results from the ETS Proficiency Profile for A.A. Real Estate Studies students in the School of Business.
End of Program Survey
Student satisfaction is extremely important at American Public University System. Students are asked to complete a survey at the conclusion of their program to give insight on their experience. Below are anonymous, self-reported results, from the End of Program survey, for students in the A.A. Real Estate Studies Program.