M.A. History Assessment Results
Program Learning Outcomes
By using various assessment tools and/or rubrics within the classroom, American Public University System (APUS) is able to capture a snapshot of students’ success in fulfilling their program outcomes. Signature assignments, generally in the final course of a program, are used to assess students’ proficiency in meeting each program outcome (PO). In order to show proficiency in an area, a student must achieve a score of 85% or greater. American Public University System strives to have 70% or more (university benchmark) of our students reaching the 85% proficiency standard. When this benchmark isn't met, action is taken to improve curriculum and instruction to better serve our students. The below chart shows combined results of M.A. History students at APUS.
- PO#1- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of historical individuals and events and the global complexity of human experiences over time and place.
- PO#2- Distinguish the historical schools of thought that have shaped scholarly understanding of the profession.
- PO#3- Apply persuasive arguments that are reasoned and based on suitable evidence.
- PO#4- Evaluate secondary resources, through historiographical analysis, for credibility, position, and perspective.
- PO#5- Assess a variety of primary sources, digital and archival, in the process of deeply researching the past.
- PO#6- Generate research that makes original contributions to knowledge, through the use of advanced historical methods.
- PO#7- Produce a high-quality research paper that meets professional standards typical for a conference presentation or academic publication.
At this time, there is not enough data to report. Updates will be made as soon as this information becomes available.
End of Program Survey
Student satisfaction is extremely important at American Public University System. Students are asked to complete a survey at the conclusion of their program to give insight on their experience. Below are anonymous, self-reported results, from the End of Program survey, for students in the M.A. History Program.