Program Learning Outcomes
By using various assessment tools and/or rubrics within the classroom, American Public University System (APUS) is able to capture a snapshot of students’ success in fulfilling their program outcomes. Signature assignments, generally in the final course of a program, are used to assess students’ proficiency in meeting each program outcome (PO). In order to show proficiency in an area, a student must achieve a score of 85% or greater. American Public University System strives to have 70% or more (university benchmark) of our students reaching the 85% proficiency standard. When this benchmark isn't met, action is taken to improve curriculum and instruction to better serve our students. The below chart shows combined results of M.S. Sports and Health Sciences students at APUS.
- PO#1- Apply qualitative and quantitative research practices to relevant issues and problems in sports and health sciences through the development and assessment of research proposals and concluding with the analysis and communication of data.
- PO#2- Dissect the relationships between psychological behaviors such as personality, motivation, stress, and aggression on sport performance.
- PO#3- Examine physical activities and lifestyle behaviors designed to promote positive health and quality of life.
- PO#4- Analyze sport movements and design movement-oriented exercise prescriptions.
- PO#5- Illustrate the potential for enhancement of muscle strength, muscular endurance, power, flexibility, and motor performance during anaerobic training.
- PO#6- Assemble protein, carbohydrate, and fat recommendations for athletes, and discern between dietary recommendations for disease prevention and recommendations for performance.
- PO#7- Evaluate best practices to measure selected parameters related to athletic performance, and explain how to administer field tests appropriately.
*At this time, there is not enough data to report. Updates will be made as soon as this information becomes available.
End of Program Survey
Student satisfaction is extremely important at American Public University System. Students are asked to complete a survey at the conclusion of their program to give insight on their experience. Below are anonymous, self-reported results, from the End of Program survey, for students in the M.S. Sports and Health Sciences Program.